The Rothbard Collection You’ve Been Waiting For.
The work of Murray Rothbard has never been more relevant.
As Joseph Salerno and Matt McCaffrey write in the introduction to the Rothbard Reader, “Few economists manage to produce a body of work that boasts a serious following twenty years after their deaths. Murray N. Rothbard is a rare exception. More than two decades since his passing, his influence lives on, both in the work of a new generation of social scientists, and among a growing number of the general public.”
Few economists have also managed to produce a body of work as voluminous as Murray Rothbard, which can make it difficult for readers to digest the full scope of his contributions to Austrian economics, political philosophy, revisionist history and so much more. Enter the Rothbard Reader, a collection of Rothbard articles hand chosen by Salerno and McCaffrey, designed to serve as an excellent introduction for readers to new Rothbard, while featuring content that may be new to even the most die-hard Rothbardian.
Released 03/2/2016 on what would have been Rothbard’s 90th birthday, the Rothbard Reader is a timeless tribute to an unforgettable scholar.
If you would like to submit a video review of your own please contact the Mises Store.
Section I: Rothbard: Man, Economist, Anti-statist
1. Murray Rothbard (Penthouse)
2. A Conversation with Murray N. Rothbard (Austrian Economics Newsletter)
3. Murray Rothbard in The New Banner
Section II: Foundations of Social Science and the Free Society
4. The Discipline of Liberty
5. Value Implications of Economic Theory
6. Statistics: Achilles’ Heel of Government
7. Ludwig von Mises and the Paradigm for Our Age
Section III: Principles of Economics and Government Intervention
8. Fundamentals of Value and Price
9. Exchange and the Division of Labor
10. The Division of Labor Clarified
11. Monopoly and Competition
12. Are Diamonds Really Forever?
13. The Infant-Industry Argument
14. Airport Congestion: A Case of Market Failure?
15. The Union Problem
16. Outlawing Jobs: The Minimum Wage, Once More
17. The Myth of Tax “Reform”
Section IV: Money, Banking, and the Business Cycle
18. Essentials of Money and Inflation
19. On the Definition of the Money Supply
20. Deflation Reconsidered
21. Anatomy of a Bank Run
22. Lessons of the Recession
Section V: History of Economic Thought
24. Frédéric Bastiat: Champion of Laissez-faire
25. Keynes’s Political Economy
26. The Chicago School
27. Israel Kirzner and the Economic Man
Section VI: Economic History
28. Economic Determinism, Ideology, and the American Revolution
29. The Progressive Movement
30. Unhappiness with the National Banking System
Section VII: Political Philosophy and the Libertarian Movement
31. Property and Exchange
32. War, Peace, and the State
33. Notes on the Nintendo War
34. Society Without A State
35. Why Be Libertarian?
36. In Praise of Demagogues
Section VIII: Movie Reviews
37. The Godfather
38. The Godfather, Part II
40. The Tough Cop
41. Death Wish
42. Cinema Paradiso
Austrian Economics, Freedom and Peace