This little gem is a complete economics education for high-school age students. It provides lessons, study questions, activities, and an excellent list of readings for each topic under consideration. Bettina chose well because the readings all hold up, even though the syllabus came out in 1974. It still works as an excellent course in economics.
It is meant to be used alongside the book of readings also available from Mises.org. Together the set will put any student on the road to a lifetime of economic understanding.
Bettina Greaves was Mises's secretary and assistant but also an excellent economist in her own right.
Part 1: Basics
1. General Introduction
2. What is Economics?
3. The Nature of the Individual—Values and Actions
4. Private Property and Exchange
5. Social Cooperation and The Market
Part 2: Economic Principles
6. Prices, Pricing
7. Savings, Tools and Production
8. The Entrepreneur and The Profit and Loss System
9. Labor, Wages and Employment
10. Money, Credit and Banking: Barter vs. Monetary Transactions
11. Competition, “Big Business,” and Monopoly
12. Interregional Trade
Part 3: Historical And Political Aspects
13. History of Economic Thought
14. Capitalism, The Hampered Market Economy, Socialism (Communism)
15. Economic History
If you would like to submit a video review of your own please contact the Mises Store.
Shopping Cart Software by AbleCommerce